World Of Dark Myst
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Of Dark Myst

The World Of Dark Myst RPG Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

comments about tatzlwyrm

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Azutoth

comments about tatzlwyrm Empty
PostSubject: comments about tatzlwyrm   comments about tatzlwyrm EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 5:14 pm

I feel the need to point out to the players and the Gamemaster that Tatzlwyrms are not animals, they are Low-Intelligence and Vicious Dragons, My character has been trying to treat them as such in game. Everyone else seems to be treating them like animals which may or may not they way people want to roleplay their characters. Francis has been trying to entice them into being actual allies, and with ther propensity for fighting to the death, might need to be reconsidered as mounts, more of as a weapon to be used on our enemies.
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: comments about tatzlwyrm   comments about tatzlwyrm EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:18 pm

I am a neutral party in all of this. I will say this though Tatzlwyrm is described as a very primate cousin of the larger dragons and they only understand basic draconic as a language, they are also vicious and have a powerful temperament. This is all stated in the bios of said Tatzlwyrm's please pay attention here.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/tatzlwyrm

A Tatzlwyrm's also have a very low reproductive rate and are extremely rare which should be made clear. Basically unless you go into decades the Tatzlwyrm's you currently have are most likely the largest bunch your going to get. Tatzlwyrm's are solitary creatures for the most part preferring to find burrowing in the ground and making them their homes and to ambush people from them. The elder Tatzlwyrm is an exception to the rule of finding Tatzlwyrm's that will negotiation with you, he's old and powerful for the moment and all the Tatzlwyrm's that were grown from the clutch of eggs will head out into the Stolen Lands very shortly leaving him and the several females he keeps with him.

It is entirely up to you to train them as mounts, dragons can be trained as mounts, Griffon can be trained for mounts and they have int of 5 the same as the Tatzlwyrm. So 5 or 6 is the upper limit for most creatures that could be made mounts and as such they are trained like War Mounts since you made them war mounts. They don't have the higher intelligence of their dragon cousins that would allow them to act like their own unit in combat. If they weren't trained at all they would be constantly fighting and trying to kill each other while in your custody.

Oh I should also mention that the Tatzlwyrm has no armor profeciency so I don't think you can get barding.
Back to top Go down
https://worldofdarkmyst.forumotion.com
Calo
Admin

PostSubject: I am calling BS   comments about tatzlwyrm EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 10:35 pm

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/griffon.html

Griffon, a MOUNT in pathfinder, INT 5. Same as the tatzlwyrm. a MOUNT that can be purchased as a MOUNT. You didn't seem to have any problem's riding one into battle until I discovered the limit's to mounted combat. I didn't do so to take it away from anyone, In fact I have done a few things wrong. IT was a discovery that will bring balance to the game without nerfing how we have been playing it. With Calo training all sorts of combat mounts it is in the realm of possibility people will use a mount in combat at some point. Calo is in total Support of using them as mounts. That was the orignal intention of the party, a conversation francis was included in on. At no point did anyone pipe up claiming a problem with the Idea and as A Cavaler I am in full support in raising our strength thru mounts, even unusual ones such as the Tatzlwyrm's. The fact is we are doing them a favor, they would have been "culled" out and the few that managed to survive would have been outcasts, fighting for scraps. Now they find themselves well fed and tended to, and treated with respect as do all my herd. If you (francis) feel so strongly about it, I respect your feeling, and TOTALLY disagree, and you can return the one you have to the stable's and regain your war pony. Let me tend to these matter's, and I promise you they are not mistreated. Any Kolbolt who would hint at showing disrespect be it horse/pony/tatzlwyrm will find themselfs out of my program and on there ass.

Back to top Go down
Azutoth

PostSubject: Re: comments about tatzlwyrm   comments about tatzlwyrm EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Calo wrote:
http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/griffon.html

Griffon, a MOUNT in pathfinder, INT 5. Same as the tatzlwyrm. a MOUNT that can be purchased as a MOUNT. You didn't seem to have any problem's riding one into battle until I discovered the limit's to mounted combat. I didn't do so to take it away from anyone, In fact I have done a few things wrong. IT was a discovery that will bring balance to the game without nerfing how we have been playing it. With Calo training all sorts of combat mounts it is in the realm of possibility people will use a mount in combat at some point. Calo is in total Support of using them as mounts. That was the orignal intention of the party, a conversation francis was included in on. At no point did anyone pipe up claiming a problem with the Idea and as A Cavaler I am in full support in raising our strength thru mounts, even unusual ones such as the Tatzlwyrm's. The fact is we are doing them a favor, they would have been "culled" out and the few that managed to survive would have been outcasts, fighting for scraps. Now they find themselves well fed and tended to, and treated with respect as do all my herd. If you (francis) feel so strongly about it, I respect your feeling, and TOTALLY disagree, and you can return the one you have to the stable's and regain your war pony. Let me tend to these matter's, and I promise you they are not mistreated. Any Kolbolt who would hint at showing disrespect be it horse/pony/tatzlwyrm will find themselfs out of my program and on there ass.

First of all Chris I did not have a problem with them being mounts, I merely wanted to point out that UNLIKE GRIFFONS these are not animals, not magical beasts, but sentient (thought stupid) dragons, so no they are not the same as a Griffon (what language does the Griffon speak). The fact I do have a problem with is the attitude in which you made me feal like I was cheating, using an intelligent creature who was tought tricks and to follow commands. I will not be riding one from here on, I do not at this time need a war Pony, (I did think about a Boar) but I will be using Fluffy. Multiple points were misspent AGAIN on Fluffy SO I have to again change Fluffy and he has ride now, when he levels he will be nothing like the current Fluffy incarnation.
Back to top Go down
Calo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: comments about tatzlwyrm   comments about tatzlwyrm EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 10:42 pm

I simply pointed out a rule we didn't know, and how to correctly play it in the future, I am still learning the game. Wasn't suggesting anyone was cheating, i have in fact done several things wrong myself and now i know better. And BTW griffons understand common as a base language, though they can not speak it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: comments about tatzlwyrm   comments about tatzlwyrm Empty

Back to top Go down

comments about tatzlwyrm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Of Dark Myst :: Out of Character :: Roleplay Discussions-
Jump to: