World Of Dark Myst
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Of Dark Myst

The World Of Dark Myst RPG Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Barbian Kings Lost Strength

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

Barbian Kings Lost Strength Empty
PostSubject: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:35 pm

To start this quest line the party must have a water front and make an investment into it. They will have to hire an alchemist to go on this hunt and to get it started. So to hire a high level alchemist from Brevoy of the proper level and expertise to do the study and research into area and eventually capture of the beast you want for an investment cost of 6000 GP.
Back to top Go down
https://worldofdarkmyst.forumotion.com
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:44 am

I don't know what else to do besides say, "ok we pay for it, yay." Is there anything specific we need to do to hire the alchemist? im also assuming we will have to secure transport to wherever the jellyfish we are looking for is supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:49 pm

Well that is what I needed to know. Since the 6000 GP is a big investment and wanted to make sure you guys wanted to pay it right at this moment. Otherwise I would put this quest on the back burner till your ready.
Back to top Go down
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:19 am

I dont remeber exactly how much we had, but for the last like 5 months of the year we were taking out a couple of bp each turn for cash, so we should have alot more than the 6k. If anyone else has some input and wants to wait, I dont mind doing this later. I honestly have no clue whether its better to do this now or later
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 7:17 pm

Ha, ha well you do know that's part of an RP you know you don't know if it's good to start it now or later. I'll wait hmm till Friday and if no one object or has anything else to add I'll officially start it.
Back to top Go down
Aramis Chibi

Aramis Chibi

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 1:16 pm

Not sure if we should start this.

Sounds like the cost of investment maybe covered, but how much do we really have?

How much will hiring the alchemist cost? Will an alchemist be available?

Do we have the water front yet? If not, how many bp is need and how many bp do we have?
Back to top Go down
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 7:41 pm

You have the cost clearly said that already. 6000 GP to cover his initial cost and fees for all this. Their are instintues up in Brevoy where you could hire an alchemist, could even make him a former comerdae or supporter of Calo's revolutionary days, and yes you have the water front. That key building that finally kick started your kingdoms economy.
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 3:42 am

OOC- Okay first to clear up a few things before I official start it down below. The reason you had to have a water front is so you would have access to a boat or know people who you could hire. I'll be introducing the NPC Alchemist Menas Hawkeye as a Lv 7 master of poison, bio chemistry, and currently a professor at Broveys only college in the area. In the city of Brunderton about 50 miles north of Restov.

The 6000 GP is to cover the costs for his payment and research into this Jellyfish and to pay for the ships journey out to the Lake of Mists and Veils. Now then I will start the RP at the moment you walk into the Menas office.

Sorry it was posted a bit late today. Also I'll try and help these posts by putting the profesors speaking words in a different color. Tell me if it helps or not

IC- You enter into Prof. Hawkeyes office. The unique smell of salt is pouring through the air as you see various chemicals being boiled or frozen while all pouring together into several mixtures. “Ahhh, your here. You guys get here fast, please come in, come in, take a few seats if you want, I have some chairs around here. I would offer you some tea, but I don't want to accidental pour you one of my connections I have around here. Ha, ha man that cost me a lot of money when I accidental poisoned my last person here. So, no, no don't do that anymore.”

The man then walks over holding several papers and charts in two hands as another pair of arms reach out underneath them. To grab your hands shaking them firmly. “Anyway it's very nice to meet you all, I haven't had a project this exciting a long time, at least it's shaping up to be that way very exciting work so far. I've taken what you learned from the ancient writings and gone back over the transcripts you gave me.

Going over them and I've established that the ocean they original were talking about is the Lake of Mists and Veils. It's easy to understand why our ancestors mistook it for an ocean. It is about 500 miles at it's smallest width and one of it's tributes head to the far East into lands we haven't yet explored fully yet which does explain why so many animals exist in the lake that can't be found elsewhere in our lands.

Menas then starts to put up charts on the board for you showing you an overlay of the lake with various numbers. “Now I won't bore you with the details but this the most important map here. By what I've gathered these Jellyfishes that the Barbarians discovered long ago. They increase one's potential or power, won't know till I do research on a living specimen. The most important part was the taste or the quality of the food. So I started my search by looking at the past 200 years or so over the food quality or the fishing supply from Port Ice, Winterbreak, and Claw Point. I've found a pattern. It's about every five to twenty years or so depending on the weather, but the fish and other wildlife in the area goes through a boom. I've established this by all old trading records and what not and various claims about better food about the time.” He then stops. “Sorry, I'm starting to babble here. This could be a huge discovery.”

He then coughs. “Anyway my point is that I have found proof that back up this old legend. More importantly this jellyfish might be in an area at the moment. Namely at Claw Point. Recently the food quality has been heightened in that area and the nobles in the House Orlovsky are attracting more nobles recently to come and enjoy the fine food they have. That being said I have all my stuff ready to go if you are? This will be a wonderful opportunity if these creatures are just as half as fascinating as they might be. This is really going to be a fun experiment when we capture one. So are you ready to go, or perhaps you have some questions?” A big smile plastered on the the young humans face.
Back to top Go down
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:02 am

hmmm lots to go on wo I will just start at the top and work my way down.

OOC what did the arms look like. Were they human-ish arms? Mechanical arms?

Also as soon as we leave i want to have a letter drafted to the nobles of Orlovsky not specifically asking to be invited but more of as a notice saying, "Hey were the guys who run the Shieldlands, just wanted to give a heads up that we will be in the area. We should maybe do dinner and chat about stuff and things."

Nothing in character yet, want to know more about the arms before I go running my mouth
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:51 am

OOC- They are quite human looking arms to answer your question. Flesh and everything, even perfectly colored they look like something he would always have had. I also think you mean the Stolen Lands and specfically the Green Belt.
Back to top Go down
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:49 pm

I could have sworn we decided to call our kingdom The Shieldlands but idk. Do I have any clue what this guy is in character?
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:47 pm

OOC- It was discussed most defiantly and for that to be offical you have to became kings of your land which is a kingdom about 70 hex big. Also yes. You did hire him, he comes out of Brevoy's only college/universty in those lands. He's an alchemist and well he looks mostly human save for the fact that he has four arms. Also their are no 4-armed Player Races that I am currently aware of.
Back to top Go down
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:40 pm

Going to steal the color Idea will make things easier

I believe I speak for everyone when I say we are also very excited to get started. I don't believe any of us have technical questions at the moment, but I would like to inquire about your amazing extra arms. How might you have come to acquire them? Side effect of an experiment?
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:02 am

“My extra... Oh, right, right, people around here are just used to them I keep forgetting sometimes. I am a Taladan. (Human for Brevoy and other regions) I just did some research and found ways to grow an extra set of arms through my various discoveries, they came quite in handy actually especially during my experimentation. It takes a while to get them and learn how to use them, if you have anyone interested in studying alchemy I could pass along the formula to them. It's not that hard, but it's not something just anyone can acquire. “ Menas laughs out merrily at this.

“Still, do you appreciate the fine craftsmanship and marvel that they are. Took some work to do it you know.”
Back to top Go down
Aramis Chibi

Aramis Chibi

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:29 am

ooc ic

"...interesting, could be useful in a fight.. No, not interested."

"So, onto Claw Point then..."

...which is on or near Lake of Mists and Veils?
Back to top Go down
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 2:57 am

Yes excellent craftsmanship. I was hard pressed to tell which were the original pair. I don't believe any of our group are into the alchemical arts, but thank you kindly for the offer. If no one has any objections, I think we can get under way as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Calo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:02 pm

::Calo will look a little green at the thought of taking a trip on a boat::
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:29 am

You guys travel along the road and on the Raven Roost ferry that will take us up the river to meet the boat that's waiting waitning in the lake to take you to Claw point. Menas seems quite taken by the Griffon. Constantly trying to take measurements of Lord Calo's Griffon and get other scientific data it in his spare time since the trip takes about four days to arrive. The fifth day is coming and the night before then he gathers you up to go over the final bits of his plan. He sits in the dinning room after hours and has masterworked versions of your favored weapons on a table as he's using a brush and dipping it into one concoction on the table as there are many others along with it. He carefully slides the brush up and down Isidore's Scimitar. He then pushes the blade into a special scabbard as he then begins to work on a great sword as well closing the container up carefully and opening up different one for the great sword.

“Since were about there, I thought I should finish up my prep work. The jellyfish, it's hard to know what to do, we are dealing with a creature that's never been caught alive. I think that might have something to do with the incredible regeneration that the legends speak of. A person can cut and slice at the jelly fish, blow it to pieces and yet it will still regenerate in under a minute. That's why the barbarians couldn't study it at all. They dived head in and tries to grab hold of it and devour the things raw to gain it's powers, just like all the other natural predators that gain power from it. This does tell me that besides for it's poison, it won't be any sort of combat threat. Still we can't just grab a jellyfish, it's poison combined with it being an aquatic animal will make that kinda hard. The moment it resists us it will slip away and we can't knock it unconscious by simple hitting it. So that leaves two options, we can try and capture it with nets, though we'd need something very strong for that and people who are adept at underwater combat...”

He follows this up with loud laugh that echos from him. “Since I haven't figured out how to give other people gills or turn them into Gillmen, at least permanently anyway...” He mumbles out that last part. “I'm going with the second option. We have to poison it, to paralyze it so we can handle it and bring it back. To do that I'm coating these weapons that are you preferred types in different poisons that cause those sort of effects, all from the same source.

OOC- Basically stacking all Dex drain poisons

If we stick different poisons into him then it will do the job. That and we don't know if he'll be immune to any that's another reason to go with different types.” He finishes poisoning the great sword and slides it onto the table and starts to work on an axe. “Normally poisons only last for a hit but these are special swords with scabbards that have poison soaked into them as well. Once you un-sheath them it will allow the poison to last five minutes even under water. Their kinda expensive, but well worth the price. So which one of you guys is joining me...” He says as he starts to pull out some potions as well.

The potions are clearly labeled in common. Touch of the sea potions along with underwater breathing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Aramis Chibi

Aramis Chibi

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 5:32 pm

OOC IC

::Reads all labels::

...so, no accidentally cutting ourselves... Got it. This will be interesting.

Any of the poisons familiar?
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:18 pm

OOC- Well as far as I know none of you have ever seen poisons except when it's been injected into your body. Also an Alchemist with the right discovery can change a poison type, turn it from ingestion to an injury poison so they probably no longer look the same if he's stacking dex poisons.
Back to top Go down
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:36 pm

So what is the plan here? Just chug the potions, jump in and hope we find them? Unless the shore is close enough for me to just walk out, I'm not getting in the water.... What are the potions you are providing. Underwater breathing is obvious, but what is the other?
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:37 am

Menas blinks at that. “Umm well this potion is touch of the sea which will give you fins and webbed feet and fingers allowing you to swim as easily as one can walk. The truth of the matter is I need your arms and your eyes. My research shows that the Jellyfish was found in depths about 100 feet or so. The jellyfish also glow as brightly as a star so goes the writings. I doubt it's that bright but it should be fine enough to spot if we search near dusk and night. I have the area mapped out in a grid. I was planning a search bit by bit as we go through. Perhaps your luck is better then mine and you pick the right one right away.” He then spreads the map out on the table for you to see.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 1:51 am

Idk if we are supposed to see your links or not. Assuming we are supposed to be able to see them, we can not
Back to top Go down
Game-Master
Admin
Game-Master

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:34 pm

OOC- Grumbles and goes to admin things. This is the third time this is happened how came links and picture are by default admin only...How about now?
Back to top Go down
Secksybeast

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:28 am

Much better, ty.

Hmm, well if they are mostly in water 100ft deep, I'm thinking we should start in the squares of claw point itself then the small islands east of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barbian Kings Lost Strength   Barbian Kings Lost Strength Empty

Back to top Go down

Barbian Kings Lost Strength
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Of Dark Myst :: Outside of Stolen Land :: Brevoy-
Jump to: